*This post is not sponsored by any product or brand mentioned therein*
Everyone wants to be healthy and remain so for as long as possible. I am no exception. Obviously we all get colds, the flu, and other things, but hopefully we are all mostly healthy. One thing many people do is take vitamins. Whether it is a Fred Flintstone chewable, or a variety of pills to help you, we have all probably taken vitamins at some point in our lives.
But lately I have been checking out, more vitamins, not just for overall health, but for specific benefits. If you look online or Pinterest everyone has their own cocktail of vitamins that gives them the best skin, hair, energy etc. I too have my own cocktails of vitamins, which I’m sorry to say I have been lax on, but need to start taking again.
I will take you through my day with my vitamins and why I take them. Perhaps some of these options may work for you. *Note please do not stop taking prescribed medications, or start new vitamins or supplements without speaking to your doctor first.*
- In the morning, besides taking prescribed medications, I take the following:
- Olly Womens Multi Vitamins – 2 – These are chewable and simply a multi vitamin designed for women.
- Evening Primrose Oil – 1 – This vitamin helps with your skin. It can also help with hot flashes, high blood pressure, and PMS symptoms.
- Keratin – 1 – Keratin supports healthy skin, hair, and nails. It can also help with hair loss.
- Cranberry – 1 – Cranberry can help reduce UTI’s, promote heart health, blood sugar control and immunity. Some people claim it helps in the more romantic parts of their lives as well.
- Garcinia Cambogia – 2 – Can help speed up weight loss, reduce appetite, and increase energy. Since I work at a desk, I need a little help in kicking my extra weight to the curb.
- Astaxanthin – 1 – Heart health. Heart conditions are common in my family and if taking this little pill will keep my heart beating longer then I will take it. It can also help with joint pain.
- Evening Primrose Oil – 1- see above.
- Garcinia Cambogia – 2 – see above. It’s best to take 30 minutes before eating.
- Evening Primrose Oil – 1 – see above.
- Garcinia Cambogia – 2 – Taken before dinner.
- Vitamin E – 1 – Vitamin E acts as an antioxidant to protect cells from free radicals. Can be effective in reducing UV damage on the skin. Promotes healthy skin.
- Cranberry – 1 – see above.
- L Theanine – 1 – LTheanine is a mood enhancer. It can help stabilize your mood, assist with sleep and deal with stress.
- GABA – 1 – GABA is a supplement that helps relieve anxiety, improving mood, and PMS symptoms.
- 5HTP – 2 – 5 HTP helps with depression, aids weight loss, helps with migraines, and promotes sleep.
I know this seems like a lot, but I’ve used these vitamins regularly and have noticed great benefits from them. If you are looking for ways to benefit your body, maybe consult with your doctor to find a vitamin or supplement that could help you.
Overall, vitamins, can work if you are smart about using them. If you are taking vitamins that are not helping you on some level, then don’t take them, they may be doing more harm than good.
Be strong, be beautiful, be you