Looking for a tasty dinner? Do you need a fresh idea for this week? Look no further. You can easily make this recipe in advance and then pop it into the oven on the night you need it. Great for family dinners, pot lucks, or even as a dinner for someone else.
- 4 – 6 Bone in Pork Chops 1/2 inch thick (You can use boneless as well)
- 1 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 Can (10.75 ounces) Condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 can (2.8 ounces) french-fried onions, divided
- 1 package (28 ounces) frozen O’Brien potatoes, thawed
- 1/2 tsp seasoned salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a skillet over medium high heat, brown the pork chops in oil, approximately 4-5 minutes on each side. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the soup, milk, sour cream, pepper, and 1/2 cup of the cheese and 1/2 cup of onions. Fold in the potatoes. Spread this mixture in a greased 13×9 inch baking dish. Arrange the chops on top and sprinkle them with seasoned salt.
- Cover and bake for 45-50 minutes or until the pork is tender and cooked through. Uncover and sprinkle remaining cheese and onions on top of chops. Return for another 5 – 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
This recipe is great as your entire meal is in one dish, if you choose to add a fresh salad or crisp vegetables to your plate these porkchops will still take center stage. Please, if you try this recipe, let me know how you like it and how it turned out!