Fashion seems to change all the time, if not yearly then for sure each decade had it’s own aesthetic. If you think about the last 100 years of fashion you can pick out certain styles and trends that are the epitome of a certain decade.
For example, if I mentioned flapper dresses and cloche hats, you would start thinking of the roaring 20’s. But if I said, bell bottoms and platform heels, you would say that was the 1970’s.
Each decade has trends and thinking over the last 100 years, I have to say some of my favorite decades are the 1930’s to the 1960’s. Don’t get me wrong I love the 80’s, but let’s face it after the 70’s clothing became a lot different than it did from the first part of the century, and fashion today, reminds me of hobo’s dressing in whatever they can find. Needless to say, it doesn’t strike a good cord with me.
But not everyone agrees, and that is what is so great about fashion. We all have our own styles, and trends, and we all like something different, that the next person can use to create their own style and so on and so forth.
So let’s have fun and see what fashion decades are the most popular with all of you.
Think back of the last 100 years from the 1920’s to the 2020’s, which decade is your favorite?
- Is it the 1920’s with Flapper dresses and Cloche hats?
- Perhaps the 1930’s and the age of glamour, Evening gowns and Fur stoles?
- Are you more of a Rosie the Riveter with a Boiler suit, or the fashionista in Dior’s new look of the 1940’s?
- Something we see on classic TV is pearl jewelry and peter pan collars on all those TV moms of the 1950’s, is this your favorite as well?
- The 1960’s had both Jackie O in her pill box hats, and Twiggy in her baby doll dresses.
- As mentioned before the 1970’s was the era or platform shoes and bell bottoms, are you loving this decade?
- The 1980’s was a revolution for fashion, leather jackets became popular and as women emulated men’s attire in the work place, shoulder pads were everywhere and on everyone, is this a decade you find yourself still wearing?
- The 1990’s gave us Plaid sets, a la Clueless, and the V-hip swimsuit made popular by Baywatch.
- At the turn of the century we found comfort in velour tracksuits and trucker hats. Do you still have these in your closet?
- And from 2010 to now, we find the trends being tiny sunglasses, and chunky Dad sneakers, are you rocking this decade?
Be strong, be beautiful, be you