I have a secret. I enjoy something that some people find repulsive, but honestly it gives me the most relaxation, and enjoyment. I’m talking about watching videos of pimple popping.
If you love them, you love them, and if you dislike them, you feel it is “gross”. I’ve watched them for a few years and I always find them relaxing. My heart goes out to some of the patients who have severe cases and I do hope that they are finding improvements after their treatments.
But watching these got me thinking. These places aren’t averages spas, they may do things like massage or facials, but I’ve seen them described as Acne Spas. Meaning their specialty is simply treating and extracting acne.
So what are the pros and cons of having an acne spa extract your blemishes as opposed to doing it yourself?
- First of all, it’s a sterile procedure. The technicians have been trained to extract acne, both blackheads and whiteheads, among other types of acne, with minimal discomfort, bruising, scarring, or bleeding.
- Secondly, by having regular treatments it will reduce breakouts and help your skin heal. Follow their recommendations for caring for your skin between appointments.
- If you were to do these treatments yourself, you run the risk of bruising, scarring, and even causing infections. Infections should be treated with a medical doctor as you may need antibiotics to help fight them.
- Additionally, by performing these extractions on yourself or someone else, you may not get the full root of the pimple. You may just be popping the surface and the root may still be under the skin, growing or becoming cystic, causing more acne and problems.
- Another concern to remember is the cost. Having a professional extract acne has a cost. Depending on the location and time, it can range from under $100 to over $1000 per treatment.
So what should you do if you suffer from acne and it isn’t going away? Start by contacting a dermatologist who can either prescribe medications, or give advice on your best course of treatment. If you feel you would benefit from an extraction service from a spa, please do your homework and find a spa that specializes in extractions and has good reviews on their services.
If you have had this service performed, please share your experiences with me, I would like to hear first hand how it worked!
Be strong, be beautiful, be you