In my hometown there is a restaurant that sells awesome pizza and amazing beef sandwiches. You can customize your sandwich, or have it plain. Since we LOVE these sandwiches and wanted to create them at home as authentically as possible, we were gifted with the recipe from someone who had previously worked there. Now these ingredients may not seem like they should be in here, but trust me, you need to use them all and you will be amazed at the results.
- 2 – 5 pound Beef Chuck Roast
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 2 – 3 Whole Allspice Berries
- 6 oz. Dill Pickle Juice
- 2 Beef Bouillon Cubes
- Salt, Pepper, Cayenne
- Cut the roast into large pieces. Salt and Pepper the pieces, add as much Cayenne as you like. Let roast sit for 30 minutes before placing into the crock pot.
- In the crock pot add the roast, bay leaves, allspice berries, dill pickle juice, and beef bouillon cubes.
- Cook on high for 3 – 4 hours, strain out the bay leaves and allspice berries. Continue to cook another 2 – 4 hours until the roast shreds easily.
- Serve on hoagie style rolls, with pickle slices, provolone cheese, mushroom, sautéed onions and peppers.