*This post is not sponsored by any of the brands or products mentioned therein*
Hello my lovelies. I hope you are finding improvement in your skin. We are down to the last few battles for our skin care. If you haven’t been following the battle you can review the previous articles for the full series at the following links:
We have our next area to tackle and this is something that many of us do not think of, unless we are outside most of the day. Sunscreen. One of the biggest things to age your skin and cause blemishes, dryness, or even discoloration are those nasty rays from the sun.
So to help protect ourselves and the delicate skin we have on our face, we need to know a few things first:
- Find a sunscreen that says “Broad Spectrum”. This will guard against both UVA which ages you, and UVB which will burn you.
- Your SPF should be no lower than 30. If your moisturize has SPF in it, and it’s less than 30, please do yourself the favor and apply another layer with a higher SPF.
- Know what type of product works with your skin type. If you have dry skin, use a sunscreen with hydrating properties. If you have oily skin, look for a matte finish sunscreen.
- Be sure you use the right sunblock for your skin tone. For my dark skinned divas, look for chemical sunscreens that apply more clear. For you ladies who have lighter skin, you might use a mineral sunscreen that leaves a white cast.
- Since you are applying this onto your skin before make up, it may not matter as much if it applies clear or white cast.
So which sunscreens are worth using? That depends on your skin, your funds, and how much time you will be outside. Here are a few options you can try:
The sunscreen voted best for all skin types and tones is EltaMD UV Clear Facial Sunscreen SPF 46. This product is lightweight, oil-free, and provides light moisture. Cost is $36 at dermstore.com
A product that has rave reviews from those who use it is La Roche-Posay Anthelios Ultra Light Mineral Sunscreen SPF 50. This product is easily absorbed, great for sensitive skin, dries matte and doesn’t smell like SPF. $33.50 at dermstore.com
For you ladies that have dry skin, Aveeno Protect + Hydrate Face Sunscreen SPF 50 is an oil free, hypoallergenic, noncomedogenic sunscreen, containing collodial oatmeal for hydration. It absorbs quickly and feels good on sensitive skin. $8.97 at walmart.com
If you struggle with oily skin, but need to have a product to protect you, look for Neutrogena Clear Face Sunscreen Lotion SPF 55. This product is oil free, non-greasy and noncomedogenic so it won’t clog your pores or provide excess shine. $24.58 at walmart.com
There are probably hundreds of other sunscreens out there for your face that will work beautifully and allow you to be radiant. Find the one that works for you, but please use it to protect yourself and your skin. If you have a product that you love please share it with me! I’m always looking at skincare lines and products and would love to try something new as well.
Be strong, be beautiful, be you
One thought on “Skincare Battle – Part 6”