You may be thinking, this combination of Pizza and Pretzels can’t possibly work. But I beg to differ. This is a recipe that we have often in our home, and one that my husband makes for us. It’s very simple and you then customize it for your tastes. I will be providing the ingredients we typically use, but again, you can add or use what ever flavors you prefer.
Ingredients: For Three Pretzels
- 14 oz. store bought pizza dough, 1 tube
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 15 pieces of pre-sliced pepperoni
- Marinara sauce or pizza sauce for dipping
- Nonstick vegetable oil cooking spray
- Sliced mushrooms (canned)
- Sliced black olives (canned)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit
- Unroll the dough into a 15 x 9 inch rectangle. Cut the rectangle into three equal horizontal strips.
- Carefully stretch each of the strips to about 3 inches wide.
- Sprinkle 1 cup of cheese down the center of each dough strip. Add the mushrooms and black olives to the center, or whichever ingredients you like. Reserve the last 1 cup of cheese for later.
- Fold the dough over the cheese and press/seal the rolling slightly to create 3 dough logs filled with cheese.
- Cover a baking sheet with foil and spray with vegetable oil. To form the pretzels, take one dough log, move it to the foil covered baking sheet then form a circle with the ends of the log at the top of the circle. Twist the log ends around each other once and bring them down to meet the bottom of the circle. Repeat with the other two dough logs.
- Wrap pepperonis on the pretzels, 5 slices each pretzel, then sprinkle the remaining cup of cheese among the three pretzels.
- Bake 14-18 minutes until deep golden brown. Serve immediately with pizza sauce for dipping.