Our family loves to share meals together. And usually on the weekends we make bigger breakfasts so that we can be ready for the day. One of our favorite recipes is biscuits and gravy casserole. You get the traditional flavor of biscuits and gravy, plus eggs and cheese, what’s not to love? Here is our recipe and I hope you love it as much as we do.
- 1 tube of refrigerated biscuits, we use Grands biscuits
- 1 pound breakfast sausage, any level of heat
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cups of milk, divided
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1/2 tsp of pepper
- 7 eggs
- 8 ounces of shredded cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit, and grease a 9×13 inch baking dish
- Cut each biscuit into quarters and scatter across bottom of baking dish.
- Cook the sausage in a large pan, crumble it as you go. When cooked, remove all but 1/4 cup of the sausage to a paper towel lined plate. Do not drain the grease.
- Add butter and let it melt over medium heat. Add flour and cook for 2 minutes.
- Gradually mix in the 2 cups of milk, garlic powder, salt and pepper, and let it simmer until thick. Remove from the heat.
- Whisk together the 7 eggs and 1/2 cup of milk, until combined. Season with a little salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle the cooked sausage over the biscuits in the baking dish. Sprinkle half the cheese over the sausage. Pour egg mixture on top, followed by the gravy and remaining cheese. Bake for 30 minutes.
This meal will serve 6-8 people, or 4 with larger appetites. It can be saved in an airtight container and easily reheated. I hope you love it as much as we do!