*This post is not sponsored by any brands or products mentioned therein*
I’ve often been mesmerized and fascinated by elegant beauty of Asian women. Their skin often appears young, hydrated, soft, and healthy. They make it look easy to maintain a skincare regimen. Korean skincare is all the rage right now. This beauty regimen has numerous products and steps that are performed morning and night. Korean skincare is not about more products than you can count, it’s about having the right products that do the right things and using them in the right order. Let’s break it down on what to use and when.
These steps will be used morning and nightly unless otherwise noted:
- Step 1 – Oil based cleanser, for example: Dermalogica Precleanse
- Step 2 – Foaming or water based cleanser, for example: Dermalogica Special Cleansing Gel
- Step 3 – Exfoliator – Used 1 to 2 times per week, example: Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant
- Step 4 – Toner – for example: Lumene Klassikko Toner
- Step 5 – Essence – for example: Origins Essence Lotion With Dual Ferment Complex
- Step 6 – Treatments – This is your acne treatments, serums, or other ampoules that you use for fine lines or hyperpigmentation. For example: The Ordinary Retinol 0.5% in Squalane
- Step 7 – Sheet Mask – Nightly Only – As we talked about facial beauty masks before, this is a step that should not be missed. The longer the contact of the sheet to your face the more your skin absorbs it, so make sure you are getting quality masks. For example: Etude House Soonjung Sheet Mask Panthensoside.
- Step 8 – Eye Cream – for example Ole Henriksen Banana Bright Eye Cream
- Step 9 – Moisturizer – for example: the Olay Regenerist line.
- Step 10 – Sunscreeen – Daytime only – for example: Suntique I’m Pure Cica Suncream
These 10 steps may seem like a lot of products, that take a lot of time, and depending on the product; may cost a lot of money. However, you don’t need the most expensive product. Expensive doesn’t mean better. Find products that you love and use those in the steps.
CHALLENGE – I challenge all of you to follow a Korean Skin care regimen for 30 days. Take a picture of you skin before you start, and at the end of the 30 days. Make note of things you notice in your skin, dryness, dull skin, acne, fine lines, etc. After the 30 days notice how your skin feels, are the areas you noticed before you started still there? Let me know how your skin is after your month of Korean skin care. I too will be challenging myself starting May 1, 2021, and you know I will keep you all posted.
Be strong, be beautiful, be you