We love to eat hearty meals. Things that warm you up and keep you full. It’s really a perfect recipe for the winter, spring, summer, fall, that’s right; year round. You can easily double or triple this recipe and even freeze it for the future. This recipe is from my father, who shared it with me and now we don’t use any other version. However you can use your preferred ingredients and seasonings, but this is almost perfect as is. Give it a try and share how you like it in the comments!
- 1 pound of ground beef (you can use turkey if you like, simply put in 1 Tbsp of vegetable oil)
- 2 – 10.75 oz. cans of tomato soup
- 2 – 15 oz. cans of kidney beans, drained
- 1 – 15 oz. can of black beans, drained
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 2 Tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1/2 Tbsp ground cumin
- 1 pinch of allspice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a skillet cook the ground meat and onion until meat is no longer pink and onion is translucent. Drain the grease.
- Coat your slow cooker with cooking spray. Add the soup, beans, and seasonings with the meat and onion. Mix until well combined. Add to the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 8 hours, or on high for 4 hours.
- We like to serve in bread bowls, with shredded cheese and sour cream.