Desserts are something that either are fantastic or okay. Everyone remember the dessert and not much else about the party. If you have an arsenal of recipes but are lacking in the dessert front, don’t worry, this recipe is simple, delicious, and will be one you and your guests remember for years to come.
- Butter or non-stick spray for greasing the pan
- 6 large tart apples, such as Granny Smiths
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- Ground cinnamon, to finish
- Powdered sugar, to finish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan with parchment paper. Butter the paper and the sides of the pan. Peel, halve and core your apples, then chop them into medium-sized chunks. Pile the cut apples directly in the prepared pan. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, using an electric mixer or whisk, beat eggs with sugar until thick and ribbons form on the surface of the beaten eggs. Beat in vanilla, then stir in flour with a spoon until just combined. The batter will be very thick.
- Pour over apples in pan, using a spoon or spatula to spread and press the batter into the apples. Bake in preheated oven for 55 to 60 minutes, or until a tester comes out free of batter. Cool in pan for 10 minutes on rack, then flip out onto another rack, peel off the parchment paper, and flip it back onto a serving platter. Dust lightly with ground cinnamon, if desired. To serve dust with powdered sugar.