In the summer we love to grill out. Steaks, burgers, and brats can often be found in out house for the grill. And when having a get together I need to have recipes that are good for a crowd, tasty, and easy to prepare. Enter Dill Pickle Pasta Salad. I came across this recipe and we fell in love. It has everything, cheese, pickles, noodles. What’s not to enjoy? I hope you try this one, make it your own, and add what you like to the flavors, want more pickles, add them. Need extra cheese, go for it. Cooking and recipes are simply a guide, you get to be the Sherpa of your own kitchen and create memorable flavors too.
- 1 pound of dry shell pasta
- 1 1/2 cups pickles, chopped
- 1 1/3 cups cheddar cheese diced
- 2 – 4 tsps dry dill, if using fresh add 1/4 cup of fresh dill
- 1 cup of pickle juice
- 1 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Boil pasta al dente according to package directions. Run under cold water to stop cooking.
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a small bowl and mix well.
- Toss all ingredients in a large bowl. Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving.