Let me start by saying that Romania is near the top of my list of travel destinations. I haven’t been there but the country has called to me since I was a child. Not only the people, but the customs, the history, and natural beauty of the country. From the mountains to the sea, Romania is a beautiful gem.
Which leads us into the Hoia Baciu Forest. Some call it the, “Bermuda Triangle of Romania.” It covers approximately 3 square kilometers in the northern part of the country. It is located within the Transylvania region of the country. Now do not assume because it is within Transylvania that it has a sordid history. Even though it is reputed to be haunted, doesn’t mean it’s haunted because of the region.
According legend, the forest is a hotspot for paranormal phenomena. Many stories exist to contribute to its popularity as a tourist attraction. Of course, the skeptics state these are just stories. As I have stated in the past, whether it is haunted or not is up to you to decide.
- One of the stories of the forest is that peasants were killed in the forest hundreds of years ago, and now the area is haunted because of it.
- In the late 1960’s a UFO was sighted, which further bolsters the legacy of paranormal.
- The local folklore stated a young girl had vanished in the forest, returning five years later, with no recollections of what had happened. She was still wearing the same clothes and hadn’t aged a day.
- People claim to leave the forest with uneasy feelings or rashes. And others have no ill reactions but it being a nice place to go for a walk.
- The Poiana Rotunda, is a near perfect circular clearing where only grass grows.
So the next time you are in need of adventure, and are in Romania, please check out the Hoia Baciu Forest and let me know what you discover in the Romanian Triangle.
You are your own best investment, be safe, make good choices