We are back to Tasty Thursday recipes, and no more drinks, but a savory dish that is my absolute favorite. Super customizable, and something that the leftovers taste just as good as the first time. Enjoy!
Meat Pie, also known as Shepherd’s Pie, is a simple dish of meat (we use beef), veggie, and potato. We top ours with gravy, but again you do what you and your family like. Here is what I do for a family of four with leftovers.
- 3 lbs. Ground meat (I use beef, you can use any combination of meat you like)
- 1 cup of breadcrumbs
- Seasonings of your choice, I use: Fresh Onion, garlic, salt and pepper, oregano and some parsley. But again this is all to taste so you add what you like. Quantities are at your discretion.
- 2 eggs
- Instant Mashed Potatoes – prepared to package directions, usually about 12 servings.
- 1 large can of french style green beans, or two small cans. Drained.
- 2 jars of beef gravy (or your preference)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl combine the meat, breadcrumbs, seasonings and eggs. Ensure it’s all well combined and then pat into a 13 x 9 baking dish. Bake for 30 minutes.
- While the meat is cooking, prepare the mashed potatoes. Set aside.
- Drain the beans and set aside.
- After 30 minutes take out the meat and drain any excess grease. Now layer the beans on top of the meat. And the mashed potatoes on top of the beans. Place the baking dish on a sheet pan, and then pour the gravy on top of the potatoes.
- Bake for another 30 – 45 minutes.
- Serve immediately and enjoy.
Happy Eating my friends!