Everyone has a preferred side dish. But we are always looking for another one, or a new way to dress up an old favorite. When I came across this recipe it was an instant winner, and we find ourselves making it often when having steak, but pairs nicely with pork, chicken, or fish.
- 4 Tbsp butter (not margarine)
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 c uncooked white rice (not instant rice)
- 1 c water (or more to cook tender rice)
- 1 c milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp parsley (optional)
- Extra milk as needed
- Saute garlic and rice in butter, in a medium saucepan, over medium heat. Cook 3-4 minutes until the garlic is fragrant and the rice is coated in butter.
- Add the water, milk, and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, keeping at a simmer, cover the rice and cook for 20 minutes or until rice is tender. Stir occasionally, to make sure it doesn’t stick to the bottom.
- Stir in parmesan cheese and parsley. If you need to make your rice creamier, add more milk. Taste to check salt levels and then let rest off the heat for 5 minutes.
Happy Eating My Friends!
One thought on “Creamy Parmesan Rice”