Today I went back to work after a week off for the Thanksgiving holiday. And it wasn’t a break for me, I was able to help a friend out and watch her daughter for her, so I had all three of the girls with me at the house. And let’s say Monday was a rough day; it involved a trip to urgent care, but it could have been worse. And while trying to get groceries, clean, cook, and bake, I feel exhausted even with the time off.
So, forgive me that I didn’t post a mystery case today, instead I give you another holiday treat for you to try for your friends, families, coworkers…. whomever you want to share them with.
Holiday Monster Cookies
- ½ cups Butter, Softened
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1-¼ cup Packed Brown Sugar
- 3 whole Large Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 teaspoons Baking Soda
- 1-¼ cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- 4-½ cups Old Fashioned Rolled Oats
- ½ cups Sweetened, Flaked Coconut
- ½ cups Chocolate Chips
- 1 cup M&Ms, Divided
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees F.
- Mix the ingredients together in the order listed, but reserve half of the m&ms. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls or use a medium scoop onto a parchment-lined baking sheet. Flatten slightly with a fork dipped in cold water. Press a few of the reserved m&ms into the top of the cookies that have no m&ms showing.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until barely golden brown around the edges. These cookies are best slightly under-done, so err on the side of taking them out too soon rather than letting them get overdone!
Happy Baking, Eating, and Holidays!!