Chocolate cookies are divine. But when you have cookies that are fudgy, and remind you also of brownies…well who can resist that? Honestly who would want to? These cookies do provide some excellent chocolate fixes. Be sure to read over some of the tips to ensure your cookies come out the best.
Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
- 1/2 cup (2.2 oz/60 g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup (7 oz/205 g) white granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup (60ml) vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup (3.5oz/130g) all purpose or plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup confectioner’s sugar or icing sugar (for coating)
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix together the cocoa powder, white sugar and vegetable oil. Beat in eggs one at a time, until fully incorporated. Mix in the vanilla.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir the dry ingredients into the wet mixture just until a dough forms (do not over beat). Cover bowl with wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350°F | 175°C. Line 2 cookie sheets or baking trays with parchment paper (baking paper). Roll 1 tablespoonful of dough into balls for smaller cookies, or 2 tablespoonfuls for larger cookies.
- Add the confectioners (icing) sugar to a smaller bowl. Generously and evenly coat each ball of dough in confectioners’ sugar and place onto prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes (for small cookies) or 12 minutes (for larger cookies). The cookies will come out soft from the oven but will harden up as they cool.
- Allow to cool on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool.
- Use room temperature ingredients.
- Hershey’s unsweetened cocoa powder works better
- The dough has to CHILL for at least 3 hours, the longer the better.
- Be sure to preheat your oven, and not put the cookies into a cold oven.
- Do not overbake the cookies. 10 minutes is approximate, the centers will be soft but that makes them fudgy.
Happy Baking, Eating, and Holidays!