Every year for Christmas, we make untraditional dinners, as it’s very small and only family. One year I wanted to be a little fancier and made these individual beef wellingtons, and I was able to customize them for each person. Here is the basic recipe and feel free to make them to your tastes.
- Individual Beef Wellingtons
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup dry sherry
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- 6 (8 ounce) fillets beef tenderloin
- 1 (17.5 ounce) package frozen puff pastry, thawed
- In a large skillet over medium heat, combine the mushrooms, onion, sherry, butter or margarine and parsley and sauté until all the liquid is absorbed and the mixture resembles a paste. Cover the top of each steak with the mixture.
- Partially thaw the puff pastry sheets and roll out pieces thin enough to cover the top, sides and bottom of each steak. Place the steaks on a baking sheet, cover with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator until serving time.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Bake steaks uncovered in the preheated oven for 25 minutes. (Note: They will be rare but will continue cooking while dish is sitting.)