A long time ago I was working with a wonderful woman named Rona. She was who I wanted to be when I grew up, stylish, well spoken, funny, and she had great taste in decor. One thing she also gave me was the recipe to the Magic Layer Bars. I love these bars but rarely make them as I would seriously eat the whole pan. These can be adjusted to the holidays by adding festive holiday chips, or even red and green candies. Here is the recipe for you and your family to enjoy!
- Magic Layer Bars:
- 1 1/2 cups crushed graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9×13 inch baking pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan. Remove from heat and stir in graham cracker crumbs until thoroughly combined. Press into the bottom of a 9×13 inch baking pan to form the crust.
- Evenly sprinkle remaining ingredients one by one over the crust to form layers, beginning with the chocolate chips, followed by the butterscotch chips, coconut, and walnuts. Pour the condensed milk evenly over the top and spread with a rubber spatula to make sure it’s evenly distributed.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes until edges are golden brown and the middle is set.
- Allow to cool completely before slicing. Enjoy!
Happy Baking, Eating, and Holidays!!