Hello my lovelies! It’s another Sunday and another post on how to care for our bodies, to win the battle. Last week we talked about the act of showering and why we needed to do that. This week it’s the next step, body wash.
Body wash or even soap, will be the weapon to help eliminate bad bacteria, and help ensure that you are clean, and smell good. There are so many soaps, body washes, and other cleaning agents out there, you have your choice of really any of them that you prefer.
When we discussed the care for our faces, we discussed the types of skin we have there and tailoring our care to meet those needs. That doesn’t change with your body either. You can have dry skin, sensitive skin, oily skin, combination, mature, etc. We need to make sure we are cleaning ourselves, but also caring for our skin and its requirements too.
Here are a few options that may work for you and your body:
- For dry skin:
- CeraVe Hydrating Body Wash – $12 at Walmart
- This product contains 3 different ingredients to help lock in moisture, but also has hyaluronic acid to help with more moisture.
- For oily skin:
- Neutrogena Body Clear Body Wash – $6 at Walmart
- This product is recommended by dermatologists for one thing: salicylic acid. That is the ingredient that will help unclog pores and remove excess oil from the skin. But doesn’t dry out your skin.
- For sensitive skin:
- Vanicream Gentle Body Wash – $11 on Amazon
- This product is also highly recommended by dermatologists as it doesn’t contain those ingredients that can irritate skin like parabens, fragrances, and dyes.
There are many other products that can aid in these skin issues, so if you are trying to find a new body wash, see if there is a trial size first and give it a test run in the shower. If you find that it works well for you then invest in the bigger bottle, if not, then you aren’t out a lot of money for the trial size.
Be strong, be beautiful, be you