January in Wisconsin is snowy, windy, cold, and all you want is to sit in front of a fire, with a blanket, a good movie, and a dish of Chicken and Noodles from the crockpot. The chicken is fork tender, the smell is heavenly, and it warms you while it fills you up. Feel free to customize this to your tastes, but this is how I always make it and it’s a crowd pleaser at my house.
- Crockpot Chicken and Noodles
- 1 pound chicken breasts – I usually put in 3-4
- 2 cans cream of chicken condensed soup
- 2 cans (15oz each) chicken broth
- 1 stick of butter (I use unsalted)
- 24oz frozen egg noodles (the brand I use is Reame’s)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 bag of frozen mixed vegetables(optional)
- Place the chicken breasts on the bottom of the crockpot, add the broth and soup on top, and then place the stick of butter. Cover and cook for 5-6 hours on low.
- Take out the chicken and shred it. Add back to the crockpot.
- Add the frozen egg noodles and cook for another 1 1/2 – 2 hours longer.
- When there is about a half hour left, add the frozen vegetables and stir into the chicken and noodles.
- Add salt and pepper when done to taste.
We usually serve this with some crusty bread and piping hot. This is an excellent recipe for leftovers the next day.