Many years ago, my father, created a dinner that has gone by many names, the current name is Simple Burritos, and some may disagree with the name but when you make this one for yourself you can rename it what you prefer. This recipe is so simple you will think I’m missing something, but the complexity comes with what you add on top, you choose what flavors you like, and it can entirely change the flavor profile.
- Simple Burritos
- 1 pound of hamburger, you can use any ground meat you like
- 1 cup of dry rice, we prefer Basmati rice, but you can use instant rice or any variety.
- 2-3 cups of Salsa, or more depending on what you like
- Brown the hamburger and season with salt and pepper. Drain grease.
- Cook rice to package instructions. Add to the meat and mix to combine.
- Pour in as much or as little salsa as you prefer into the meat and rice, stir to combine. Heat through if needed.
Serve hot in flour tortillas with any toppings you like, cheese, sour cream, guacamole, jalapenos, onions, lettuce, tomatoes, beans, etc.