Trust me when I say that I was doubtful of this one at first. But being willing to try it, we did, and it’s a fan favorite in our house. Because you can use left over chicken, it’s a quick meal, and it’s great for leftovers the next day. Give it a try, you won’t be disappointed.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion , chopped
- 3 cups cooked rice (or wild rice)
- 3 cups cooked shredded chicken (Rotisserie is perfect for this)
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds (optional)
- 2 (14.5 oz.) cans French-style green beans, drained
- 1 (4 oz.) jar diced pimentos
- 1 (10.75 oz.) cream of celery or chicken or mushroom soup
- 1 cup mayonnaise (or Greek Yogurt)
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and cook until just soft, about 8 minutes. Transfer to a large mixing bowl and let cool. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients into the bowl with the onions, until combined. Spread into a 9×13-inch baking dish. Bake for 25 minutes.