Casseroles are a comfort food in the Midwest. Potluck, make a casserole; new baby, make a casserole; funeral, make a casserole. So we do need to have a diverse selection of casserole options. This recipe is one that most people would probably not make so you would be a stand out with it.
Mock Chow Mein Casserole
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 3⁄4 cup uncooked rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 cups celery, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 bag chow mein noodles
- Cook ground beef until brown.
- Add onion and celery, cook until almost tender.
- Add remaining ingredients except chow mein noodles.
- Put into a two quart casserole dish.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for one hour and fifteen minutes.
- Uncover and layer with chow mein noodles.
- Return to oven, uncovered and bake until noodles are brown, about 15 minutes.