Rice is one of my favorite things to use in a recipe. It’s quick, not expensive, and you can really flavor it anyway you need to. This is a great recipe to use up leftovers and give life to the same old chicken dish. Enjoy!
- Cheesy Chicken and Rice Bake
- 2 whole Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 4 cups Rice, any type you like
- ¾ cups Frozen Corn
- 15 ounces, fluid Can Black Beans, Drained and Rinsed
- 1 cup Plain Greek Yogurt (or Sour Cream)
- 4 ounces, fluid Can Green Chilis
- ½ cups Salsa
- 1 cup Low-fat Cheddar Cheese, Plus More for Topping
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Cilantro for Garnish
- Preheat oven to 350F. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except for cilantro and mix thoroughly to combine. Make sure the yogurt and cheese are stirred in throughout the entire bowl. Season with salt and pepper if desired. Transfer to an oven-safe dish and top with extra cheese if you would like. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until heated through. Garnish with chopped cilantro.