Lately I have been feeling happier, so I have been wearing make up on the days that I have things to do, or just for the heck of it. And I think I have cracked the makeup code for myself. I know which products work the best, and how to apply them the way that works for my face and the look I am going for.
So, the combination for the Amateur Connoisseur is as follows:
- E. L. F. – Hydrating face primer. This is a great product that is silky and preps my skin wonderfully. And it’s not super expensive.
- Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation – Yes this is a more expensive product, but the fact that you have an array of shades is wonderful. You also can build up the coverage on this product without it looking cakey. Currently I use a foundation brush to apply it and then a beauty blender to smooth it out.
- Wet N Wild – Highlight and Contour stick. This is a double ended stick, and I primarily used the contour side and apply it UNDER my foundation. However, after I have applied foundation, I will add a little more of the contour.
- Hoola Bronzer – IF I feel I need a little more definition, I will add this bronzer onto the areas that need it only. Usually on my forehead.
- Concealer – Right now I am using an Estee Lauder concealer and only at the inner and outer corners of my eyes, and if desired down the center of my face. I may also use the highlight portion of the Wet N Wild stick for the center of my face.
- Blush – Cream blush from Milani. I love that this is nicely pigmented and does not require a lot of the product to be applied.
- Eyes – Custom four-color palette from Anastasia Beverly Hills. I have hooded eyes and I have only been applying the shadow to portion not covered by the hood. This works best for me, and then I used a softer blending shade on the hood itself, not under it.
- Mascara – Ulta mascara. Nothing fancy, doesn’t have to be. As long as it works for you that’s all that matters.
- Lips – I line my lips in a nice neutral shade, and then I apply a lip plumper to the outer edge of my lips only. After letting that work for a few minutes I will use a nice neutral gloss over my lips.
- Shimmer highlight – I have a Morphe palette with three shimmer highlight shades included. I use a big fluffy brush on all three shades and apply only where I need or want it.
And that’s really all there is to it. This has been working for me the last few times I’ve applied a full face of makeup and I love the way it looks.
Be strong, be beautiful, be you