Some things just work and the taco flavors and the comforting pasta in this dish do. Since this is an Instant Pot recipe it cooks up very quickly and you can have a hot tasty dinner in less time than it takes to boil the water.
- 1 pound of ground meat (beef, turkey, etc)
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1-2 Tbsp taco season
- 8 ounce can of tomato sauce
- 1 cup mild salsa
- 3 cups beef stock
- 12 ounces uncooked pasta shells
- 6 ounces cheddar cheese
- 1/2 heavy cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Using the sautée feature brown the meat until no longer pink.
- Add onion and garlic and cook until tender turn off the sautée feature.
- Season with salt and pepper and taco seasoning. Add tomato sauce, salsa, and beef stock.
- Pour in the pasta and do not mix. Be sure the pasta is covered with liquid. Add some water if needed.
- Put the lid on and seal the pot. Set timer for 5 minutes. Let pot come to pressure and cook. When done release pressure quickly.
- When pressure is released, open lid carefully and mix pasta. Add in the heavy cream and cheese. Stir until cheese is melted. Serve warm.
What’s nice is you can add more to the dish or serve it with your favorite sides.