Quick meals are a requirement when you have kids who are in activities, sometimes running kids to three different places at the same time. This recipe is one of the easiest recipes I have, and it’s super easy to customize it to your tastes.
- Hot dogs or any sausage you like
- Mashed potatoes, real or instant
- Cheese, any variety, sliced or shredded
- Cut hot dogs in half lengthwise but do not cut all the way through. Place on a baking sheet.
- Mashed potatoes can be prepared to taste either real or instant or leftovers. You do not want them ice cold so heat them slightly. Add them to the top of the hot dog until the length is covered by 1/2 – 1 inch of potatoes.
- Grab your cheese and place on top of the potatoes. Do not be afraid to add as much as you like. If you do not want cheese leave it off.
- Bake in a 350° oven for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are heated, hot dog is hot and cheese is bubbly.
- Serve warm with your favorite sauces.