Many of us are talented in being able to grow our own fruits and vegetables and then have the space to can and store the bounty of their harvest. I do not.
So when I want to embrace my inner homesteader I make this recipe. Crock pot jam. I have only every done strawberry so I do not know if other fruits will work.
- 4 1/2 cups Strawberries, Fresh, Washed and patted dry,
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup Granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp Lemon juice, Freshly squeezed
- Wash, remove stems and quarter strawberries.
- Add strawberries and lemon juice to a 6 quart or larger slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 1 hour.
- With a fork, smash the strawberries.
- Add sugar (start with 1/4 and add more if too tart).
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours with lid ajar until strawberries thicken.
Enjoy this for as long as it lasts. If you can can it you can make much more and have it saved all year long.